Well-being – Fitness – Performance
Are looking for a Performance Coach to help you develop physical and mental excellence in your sport, career or life?
I have over 30 years of experience with athletes and executives and I am confident that I have the skills to help you achieve your ambition, ability, condition and circumstance.
I specialise in:
- Well-being and physical and mental recovery
- Corrective exercise and functional fitness that culminates in sport specific peak performance.
- Mental & life skills for sports to empower you to execute technical skills/tactical decisions under pressure whilst being happy with your performance and chasing personal bests.
My coaching is organised around integrating/periodising lifestyle, mindset, nutrition and movement into your programme and progresses non-linearly across three phases as outlined below:
- Well-being foundation … is a combination of physical, mental, emotional and social health factors that is linked to happiness and life satisfaction – essentially how you feel about yourself and life.
- In this phase we establish daily life habits for recovery (preferably with Heart rate variability guidance) improve vagal tone with neural exercises, cardio, posture & injury correction, sleep, stress prevention through building a container of safety and improving presence.
- Fitness Resilience…“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives, it is th one that is most adaptable to change” Charles Darwin.
- In this phase we are aiming to build physical and mental capacity and adaptability.
- Performance Excellence…“happiness is using your full powers along the lines of excellence” JFK.
- the aim here is empowering you to be autonomous in executing your best technique and mental tactics under pressure, consistently.
I like to measure and track various metrics in order to scientifically determine the sessions load and when to progress the exercise intensity (some days we are better to reduce intensity because you present with low energy). I combine the science with my intuition and your ability to perform with excellent technique.
If this approach sounds like what you are looking for then email me for a discovery call Ross@rosseathorne.com or peruse my programmes outlined below.
Structured Programme offerings: (eventually offered online)
- Mindful Movement and Wellbeing: “you can learn more about a person in an hour of exercise, than in a year of conversation” Plato.
- Learn the basics of mindful movement (breath, focus, intention) fitness and wellbeing.
- Transcend the Podium: “True luxury is, peace of mind”.
- A mental, physical & life skills training programme aimed to equip athletes, coaches and high-performers with the tools to perform & train under pressure, consistently.
- Performance Excellence: “Happiness is the full use of your powers along the lines of excellence”. JFK
- This is a customised movement, mindset, nutrition and performance programme for people who want to want high performance from their body and mind.
- This programme combines mindful movement well-being, with aspects of Transcend the podium programmes.
Classes and workshops available:
- Mindful Morning Routine: Learn this simple eye, breath and movement neural exercises that develops tone and efficiency of the vagus nerve, and your personal presence and mental resilience.
- Power Animal Movement: Expand the Daily routine into a 60-90 min movement class that focuses on grounding, centering and integration of the squat, twist, bend, push, pull and lunge movements combined with TCM, Yoga and shamanic beliefs around emotions and animal guides.
- Five Animal Mobility: This 1-2 day course expands on the Power Animal movement class by introducing the western facial lines, corrective and functional fitness philosophy to improving the range of active movement (posture, stability, integration) of the Squat, Twist, Bend, Push, Pull and lunge movements.
Well-Being / Mindset
- Foundation of Wellbeing: This course is part 1 of “Transcend the Podium” programme and focuses on Wellbeing being the foundation of performance. Main topics includes: HRV and recovery, creating a container of safety (polyvagal theory), sleep and presence (attention and awareness).
- Mental skills for athletes and performers: This is part II of “Transcend the Podium”. Learn tools and strategies to develop mental resilience.
- X-factor Performance: Part III of “Transcend the Podium”. This is about executing your full powers along the lines of excellence under pressure; identify where you are along a performance hierarchy and what tools to implement depending on the situation you are in, review what went right or wrong and prepare for the next competition or event.
- Motivational Culture: A workshop for coaches and how to develop, maintain and refine a positive motivate climate for your athletes, team and club to thrive in.
Train the Trainers course
In this multi-stage course I share my 30 year career from being an elite gymnastics Coach to Fitness Consultant in a gym to a specialist Golf- Biomechanic and to International Fitness Presenter and Performance Coach.
You will learn my art and science of how I:
- design programmes for the beginner right through to the elite athlete at the top of their game.
- how to find your best teaching style to suit you and the stage that your client is at.
- structured programmes that you can use as a foundation for your programme design and how to modify them for you client or incorporate with any specialist knowledge you bring to the table.
If you are thinking or becoming a personal trainer, are new to personal training and want some direction or you just want a different perspective of how to train yourself contact me and we can discuss the prerequisite pathways (see above).
Contact me through email to discuss how I can help you: Ross@rosseathorne.com