ROAM – Movement as Medicine for Fitness and Health
Why ROAM might be the path to fitness and health you are looking for.
✓ Variety and ‘entertrainment’ factor maintains interest and adherence
✓ East-meets-West approach to fitness brings together best of both worlds
✓ Gradual progression of complexity and intensity to satisfy all exercise and wellbeing goals.
Introduction – Variety is the key to fitness success
Numerous studies show that regular and varied exercise is key to achieving lifelong health, fitness and welbeing. Yet despite this knowledge and even the desire to enjoy these benefits, people often fall off the wagon through boredom or, at the other extreme, injure themselves by trying to advance too fast in one particular fitness form.
In contrast, I have seen real results with my clients when the following sequence happens:
- Exercise is varied and fun
- Enjoyment motivates repetition and adherence
- Regularity ensures fitness and skill development.
- Improved performance inspires a desire for challenge, either in another sport or in competition.
This fundamental concept of variety leading to enjoyment forms the foundation of my successful Range of Active Movement (ROAM) programme.
ROAM and Movement as Medicine
Over my xx years as a trainer, I have studied, practised and taught many exercise and wellness forms. This know-how and experience allowed me to draw upon the best from Eastern and Western movement and medicine to provide the variety and completeness that is so key to the East-meets-West ROAM programme. In ROAM you will find elements of yoga, Qi Gong, TRX, powerlifting, bodyweight exercises and more.
ROAM provides variety and a structured progression for my clients to improve their mobility, agility, fitness and their state of wellbeing in a safe, progressive and enjoyable way.
- provides variety and so exercise regularity by offering a wide variety of exercises and equipment options ranging from your own bodyweight, through the portable and versatile TRX and kettlebells to other gym-based equipment.
- incorporates the Western science of movement mechanics and corrective exercise as well as the mind and spirit benefits of yoga and Qigong
- offers a safe, gradual progression of complexity and intensity to satisfy all reasons for exercising
- is flexible enough to allow time for your other commitments
A calm mind for better health
Movement as Medicine restores calmness to the body, mind and spirit through the
power of intention, specific exercises, and breathwork. Calmness – or the absence of excess* stress – is fundamental to wellbeing as too much stress adversely affects our health, emotions, motivation and sleep.
*We need a little stress to keep us motivated
Movement as Medicine:
- Exercise is coupled with intention
- Prepares you for the progression from health to fitness.